Friday, October 16, 2009

N.O...E.X.P.L.A.N.A.T.I.O.N [McDoC Evo-XR Mix]

Running Time: 7:00

Among the requests of waversunite was "No Explanation". While the artist wasn't mentioned, I assumed it's the Steve Kilbey-penned song of The Church, one of my fave Oz bands. A simple mix stretched to 7 minutes using the original version from the EP/album "Remote Luxury". I don't think there was an official extended version released. Come to think of it, was there any official extended versions released by this band? What I know is that The Church still makes great music up to now.

Shop for their CD's at: or

2 comments:

Daniel August 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

Very cool this!! As to your question, I think there was just one lonely Church single that got the extended/remix treatment - "Feel" from the album "Priest=Aura", which came out in 1992 and got an "extended album mix", a "techno dub", and a "ragga mix". That seems to have been The Church's one and only experiment with the remix & it was a bloody good one too!

McDoC August 22, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

THANKS Daniel for the info. Hope I could hear those remixes. :)

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

TOUCHDOWNS

What is Evo-XR?

The EVOlution of eXtended Re-edits, also Reconstructions of some of my favorite songs in classic 70s-80s style of mixing.


  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP