Friday, January 23, 2009

L.O.S.E...Y.O.U.R...L.O.V.E

Running Time: 10:02

While this track may be considered a flop compared to the other singles released by this great synthpop band, this is still my favorite Blancmange song. Well, it had a lot to do with the music video which featured Neil Arthur and Stephen Luscombe trashing just about every furniture or thing they could get their hands on in the house. Also, there's the twirling foot of Neil and the funny "raised eyebrow" look on Stephen's face. Humor was injected into this break-up song and while it may seem cathartic in dealing with the anger and regret for a love lost, it's also a tad violent for the little tykes (Wouldn't want to see them smashing things left and right, do you?). The song's chorus lingered in my mind for days after watching the video from a local show called "Eurorock" (in the mid-80's) that I went to the music store a week after to buy the single or album. The store clerk didn't have a clue about the artist or song even after I sang it to her... errr, maybe I didn't sing it right... OK, I was out of tune... and annoying, perhaps...but I was really desperate to have it. Kinda pathetic, huh? After months of searching, a friend gave me a cassette copy recorded from vinyl. Come to think of it, I believe I still have that tape.

Here's my take on "Lose Your Love". Enjoy!!!

Then, if you're interested, here's the music video uploaded on YouTube by UltimaThule8888:


Blancmange - Lose Your Love

Shop for their CD's at: or

2 comments:

the beatmeister May 15, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

astig tong remix mo nitong blancmange track na ito bing!! nice one. keep it up!!

cheers!!

McDoC May 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

SALAMAT BEAT!!! Nakakatsamba rin paminsan-minsan. Hehehe. That means a lot coming from you bro.
:)

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

TOUCHDOWNS

What is Evo-XR?

The EVOlution of eXtended Re-edits, also Reconstructions of some of my favorite songs in classic 70s-80s style of mixing.


  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP